Saturday, September 18, 2010

365 - #211 (playtime)

It's been a while since I've taken my girls to the park.  I used to take them all the time when they were younger.  One thing I loved was that I always met new people there.  There was always a mom who was willing to chat while we watched our kids play. 


Being home so much, it's hard to find opportunities to meet people outside my circle of church, and co-op. So, I was pleasantly refreshed when I was able to meet a new mom at the park this week. She was a new homeschool mom with lots of questions, so we had lots to talk about.  I left realizing that I missed that part of going to the park.  So, even though my kids are older and are having a hard time thinking of things to do at the park, I think I'll make it to the park more often.
I'm sure we can think of "older kid" things to do there, and I'll get my fill of new people :)

Where do you meet new people, outside of your circle of friends?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the textures in the picture! When my kids were young I met mom's at mom's and tots groups, as well as the park. I really enjoyed that time of life.

Kristal said...

I need to meet more moms... but I never can. Love the shot

Jenn said...

What a great idea to go to the park to meet "new" people. It's hard to believe that your girls are getting a little to "old" to just go to the park for fun. Do you mean to tell me that my day is coming?? Boo hoo!!!