Monday, January 11, 2010

365-11

Inspired by the movie, Julie & Julia, I attempted Boeuf Bourguignon.  It looked so yummy in the movie, and I guess I was up to a challenge.  Even though the recipe is very long, and it did take 6 hours to make (that's not hands-on hours, just total time), it was simple.
And, according to all family members who ate it (all the Eagles, plus two grandmas), it was the BEST meal they'd ever had....and was worth all the time and money!!!!

The only thing I didn't do was add the mushrooms.  Oh, and I didn't clean up the pot for presentation purposes :)  So, it may not LOOK gourmet, but Oh, did it taste gourmet!!!

Here it is:



If you've ever tried it, let me know how you liked it....or if you've ever made it, what was your experience like?
Bon Appetit!

12 comments:

Katie said...

it may not look 'pretty' but it does look yummy!!! I recently saw that movie and really liked it - can't believe that dish takes 6 hours!!!

Marice said...

aww thats looks interestingly yummy!

u may view mine here

Anonymous said...

Weight Watchers re did the recipe in their magazine this month. My mom and I are going to make it together since we saw the movie together!

Looks YUMMY

Jodie | Velour said...

ooh girl, that does look yummy! I can tell you just by looking at it that I would love it. I am a fan of the beef. :)

Next time you make it, call your neighbor. We'll be part of the taste test focus group. :)

bprincephoto said...

Looks like something my gang would love.

Anonymous said...

yummmm! leftovers for co-op tomorrow???

Tracy said...

You go girl!

Oh it does look yummy! (Can't BELIEVE you left out the mushrooms!)
Brave girl, great job!

I may give it a whirl sometime.

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of work! It does look good though.

jajbs said...

wow! i am so glad you sent me that invite to my email. i found your blog! now, i can keep in touch better. I have been reading your other posts and it is exciting to read what the Lord is doing in your family. The girls are so grown and quite beautiful! and congrats to david on his book!

amanda

Mamí♥Picture said...

Yummy!
☼¨`*•.♥【ツ】♥.•*¨`☼

Amanda said...

I loved that movie, and actually it kind of motivated me to get more serious about my photography. Funny, isn't that?

I've never had that recipe before, but after watching the movie and hearing from you about it, I'm interested in trying it.

Suzette James said...

I've had it at La Madeline before and it was my favorite dish. I bet it was yummy homemade!