Monday, December 28, 2009

Up-to-date

This fall has been a whirlwind. Let's see if I can recap...and this year, since I'm participating in the 365 project I'll be writing more, too.

For starters, we're on track with school in most subjects, even though by October I had already failed miserably with the workcrate system. But, the Lord was gracious to remind me that when we fall down, we get up! So, no condemnation, we just started over in November.

I really took a break with the drama class I teach at co-op....no big production this year (including the coming spring). It was nice having that break. There were times when I didn't know what to do with myself at co-op. Could I really sit down at my break and do nothing? It appeared that I could....and I did. This semester will be the same. I'm grateful.

On a spiritual note, the Lord has done wonders in me and my family this year!!
We are now a part of a prayer ministry where we pray for people to be healed....from heart wounds, trauma, etc (inner healing) and delivered...from whatever is causing them to be stuck in their relationship with the Lord. It has been amazing to watch the Lord show up and reveal Himself in a powerful way to people. It has been an honor to be a part of these processes. Like Lou Engle said recently, "we're just midwives for the presence of God"....in other words, helping to birth (or bring forth) God's presence in people's lives. I love that! We're there to usher in His presence, and then when He shows up, we can step aside and let Him do all the good stuff!! And He's doing it....bringing healing, deliverance, peace, victory, grace, mercy, etc. etc.

So, God's been doing the same in my life as well....going to the depths of my heart, bringing up the offenses and hurts, then healing them once and for all! It's a beautiful thing. And, I'm amazed at how thorough He is!

Then, He blew us away in December at several answers to prayer!! (next post)

1 comment:

Miss Janet said...

Hello! I have no idea how your blog got onto my reader thing because until a few minutes ago, I didn't know of your blog!

Well, I noticed that you teach drama. My husband is a pastor and we are looking for a play type of thing for Easter. Do you know of anything right off of the top of your head?

We have:

A handful of adults to act and possibly read (not memorize)
Several young children to do a small amount of singing or praise dancing.

Good to "meet" you, even if it was on "accident". (I don't believe in accidents.)

Love,
Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com